Mariluz Planned Parenthood endorsement
Questions she had to answer “Yes” to for the endorsement, according to the NV Globe.
Here are a few questions that required her 100 percent affirmation:
- Will you support public funding (federal, state, and local) of comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion services, for all individuals who rely on the government for their health care services?
- Do you support Nevada teens’ ability to access medical care including contraception, STI testing and treatment, and safe, legal abortion without forced parental notification?
Nevada is one of only three states that require parents to affirmatively “opt-in” their children before they can participate in sexual health education classes.
- Do you support ensuring that all students get the information they need by changing the state law to require an “opt-out” policy rather than the “opt-in” model?
- Do you support Planned Parenthood receiving increased Medicaid reimbursement for services provided by their health centers as part of the safety net of community health care providers?
- Will you support public agency partnerships with Planned Parenthood Advocates Mar Monte?
According to Planned Parenthood: “Only candidates with a 100% score on the questionnaire will be considered for endorsement. While a 100% score is required for consideration, the Board will also consider candidate viability and public positions on issues important to reproductive health care like advancing racial equity and social justice. Additionally, PPAMM often calls on elected officials to support policy that effects health center operations and patients’ lives. (emphasis added). While we do not automatically endorse incumbents, their history of standing with PPMM and in support of Planned Parenthood’s mission will be considered in the endorsement process.”